Sunday 8 February 2015

VENEZIA

DAY 87 : 8 February 2015

With only one week left in the magnificent Italy, I finally made it to Venice! Our trip was almost hampered by the terrible weather on Friday that left a lot of flooding in some of the main piazzas, but decided to give it a go anyway.
Caterina and I spent two hours on the train before we arrived in Venice, and it was most certainly worth the wait. 
We spent 7 hours just walking around the city, taking photos, eating, and trying to avoid most of the crowds. It was just magnificent, here are just a fraction of the photos I took...
 
 
It was just a little flooded in Piazza San Marco at high tide, but us (and the millions of other tourists) didn't mind too much!
 

It is almost time for Carnevale here in Italy, so we ate some Carnevale food, and saw lots of people dressed up.
( yes, this is a ball of deep fried goodness filled with cream - and it only cost me €1. Australia really needs to pick up its game in the cheap delicious unhealthy food department )


My favourite photo of the day. It doesn't get more Venetian than this..

And we headed off as the sun was setting, completely exhausted and tired, but it was the best day!



On another note, I have now less than one week left. 5 days of school and I will be on the plane(s) heading back to Australia and the unbelievably hot temperatures and real school! 
Seems like too much to handle thinking about, it was easier to leave Australia, because I knew the exact date I would see them again, and exactly how much time I would be away. With Italy, and my family and friends all of that is unknown, so it makes it even sadder to think about leaving. So for now I'm just going to push it aside, enjoy my last 6 days and pack when necessary. Must say though, I am looking forward to some warmth - the temperature hasn't been in double digits in over a month!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Ammmmmmazing photos, we are so happy you got to Venice and with a friend how lovely. I can always remember when poppa and I arrived into Venice by train and walked through the portal and saw the canal for the first time, it was like going back into a time warp to the middle ages. It was great you could do it with a friend. Jen you will get back one day, trust me, if you want it, it will happen. Only a week to go, safe travelling darling xxxx. Reality bites hard, but the incentive is that you can work hard to go back xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete