Tuesday 9 December 2014

Three Blogs for 3 Amazing Days - Day 2

DAY 23 : 7 December 2014
Domenica (Sunday) :
Today was a day filled with FOOD! My Sunday began with a nice little sleep in on my own personal floor of the apartment! Then came the usual breakfast, and a bit of relaxing before we set off on a little walk around the very small town of Pontebba. The mountains surrounding this place are absolutely amazing, I've had so much to photograph these last 2 days and I'm loving getting to use my camera more than I normally would! It was freezing, around 5 degrees, with the snow on the tops of the mountains right here, and snow actually falling in the nearby town of Tarvisio. Unfortunately no snow in Pontebba yet, but hopefully over the Christmas break! 
Some photos from around Pontebba..

Pontebba used to be the town of the Austrian-Italian border, back in 1918 (as I am told the sign says, my German isn't great)

We then hopped back in the car, and drove to Austria just for lunch! We went to a very, very popular restaurant, and ate soups, some sort of meat (all meats seem to get lost in translation, so Francesca calls everything 'steak'), followed by the best tiramisu ever.

 A quick drive back home to drop off Dario, then Francesca, Allegra and myself went to a small mountain in Tarvisio, where a small layer of snow had developed. After some photos and some little snowballs, we were back on the road and went into the centre of town, looked at some Christmas markets and drank some hot chocolates. Something I've noticed is that Francesca seems to know everyone, everywhere. She's got a friend in every shop, down every walkway, and I was introduced to at least 20 different people just today! 
Tarvisio was just beautiful..


Just to continue our wonderful eating streak for today, we finished it off by going out to dinner just in Pontebba, to a pizza place just down the road! Day 2 completed!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos of Tarvisio, how stunning!!!!!!!!! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete