Tuesday 2 December 2014

❆ welcome to winter...again ❆

DAY 18 : 2 December 2014

It is now officially winter in Italy, and for me, the second winter of the year. The air has certainly gotten cooler, and christmas decorations are starting to appear everywhere! It is also getting darker in the evenings (it is currently 5:04pm and the sky is black) - but it doesn't bother me because we're out of school by 1pm anyway!

I've spent the last few days at school, in the centre, shopping (and spending almost 100 Euros in the just over 2 weeks I've been here), etc etc. I was also offered brussel sprouts, and despite their horrible reputation, didn't find it too disgusting as (in true Italian style), it was covered in various cheeses and proscitto and salt!

Today at school, the teachers have decided that as I'm just sitting in school all day with nothing to do, I'm going to go around the school and listen in on some literature classes led by a British teacher for the next week or so. The classes are all in English and I'm getting a chance to learn something, as well as meeting lots of new people from all different classes (and some people that are my age)!! So I had 2 hours of that this morning, and then went back to my usual class, where the English teacher decided it would be a good lesson for 'Question and answer', in which the whole class asked me questions about anything and everything and I answered them. I spent an hour talking about weather and kangaroos and koalas and spiders and surfing and barbeques and all the Australian things you can imagine!!

When we got home, we had a delicious lunch of some sort of pasta - lunch is always pasta but I can never seem to remember what types - but this one was green, covered in tomatoes and parmesan, and tasted absolutely amazing! 

Follow that with a plate of shortbread-like bicuits, biscotti, and christmas themed chocolate biscuits and if that's not enough to make me obese then I don't know what is! (these weren't all for me, I shared with Allegra)!!!

I was a bit bored sitting at home, and as I was all alone, I decided to head out for my first run since I've got here! It was extremely, extremely cold, and combine that with the fact that I was minorly lost and had no idea where I was going, it was very good motivation to run fast! 3km later and completely out of breath I managed to get back home by following the signs to the Hospital (as we live right near it). It was good to do a bit of exploring whilst getting some exercise, so I'll try and find the motivation to do it as often as possible (and next time I'm dragging Natalie along with me)!
Here's a little snap I took while trying to find my way home...

And that's all I've got for now...

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen
    Every Wednesday know like to wakeup to your beautiful blog. Its very exciting reading about your exploits. You seem to be in a routine and getting more adventuroys now and hopefully school will use your English a little more. As you get colder over there we are getting hotter. Sydney had severe storms again last night. Anyway keep on enjoying yourself and keep the blogs up. Xxx
    Love you N& P xxxxx

    ReplyDelete